9.19.2012

Sew Much Fun with Embroidery

Here is a selection of some sewing and embroidery projects.



This one I made around June of 2012, It is a series of Jacobean Vintage Fruit Collection designs embroidered onto White denim, cut and washed so that the squares freyed, and sewn onto the yellow T-Shirt.  I had fallen in love with the Jacobean designs, and wanted to make a summer shirt - this one goes perfect with white jeans!  Jacobean designs can be found Here. 

This denim tote bag was from a tutorial found on Embroidery Library, Inspired by a woman named Suzanne and then made into a tutorial by Kenny - Master Digitizer on Embroidery Library team.  The tute can be found here: Upcycled Denim Tote.  I made it out of two pairs of old jeans, and I embroidered the design (also from Emblibrary) onto a Sweatshirt piece, beacuse I loved the design so much I wanted it to be a featured panel of my tote bag.  The design is called "Bible and Doves" found on Embroidery Library, here.  Below you will see how I used the seat of one pair of the jeans to create the back panel of the tote.  That comes in real handy because when I go shopping now, I slip my car keys in the back pocket and they are real easy to fetch when I get back to the Jeep!






Here is my cute little clutch bag - embroidered with a guy now fondly referred to as "Syndey"... The embroidered message says"Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate!"  That embroidery  design can be found here.  I will come back and list the pattern I used for the clutch.

Here are my riding pants - embroidered on one leg with my "Lady Rider" and on the other leg with "Wild Side Motorcycle Design" The flames are "Flaming Rose Border" design.  I've patched in close-ups of the designs on the pants.


These are my Game Day Jeans! I have embroidery software, so I was able to design the "RAVENS" letters with that, and the the other designs were from the Library. (Except the Ravens logo - that's my private stash)  The football with swirls is here, and the shooting stars, here.  I usually wear my team jersey either 92 Haloti Ngata, or 52 Ray Lewis, with these jeans, too...  waiting to go to a game this year, we'll see about getting some tickets!  I'll definitely have the only pair of these!!!
 
Okay, here is my tablet case.  This is patterned after an IPAD tute from NapKitten on Etsy. You can see it here.  I completely customized it to fit my Galaxy Tab2 tablet where everything is in a different spot and different sizing...  It has an easel feature so it stands while you watch a movie or surf on it.  This took two days to make, but one of those days was a Sunday, and I was a crazy woman all day at it. :-D...
 
Here's a sample of me sewing out a Patch of a Jacobean design Letter J.  This is going on my Denim Jacket.  As I mentioned above I love Jacobean collections and their alphabet is awesome, too.  You can check it out here.

Back of my denim Jacket - This design can be found here.  I added the "Guardian Angel" text to the bottom after the design was sewn out. :-)

Front of the jacket with the 4 patches.  The butterfly on music is here, and the Art Nuveau Butterfly is here

My Husband wanted a helmet bag that he could carry his helmet around comfortably when he was out on the road shopping and what not.  The ones that come with the helmets are string tied, and the thin cord just cuts through your shoulder.  So I came up with this design, a zippered bag, lined with velveteen, or crushed velvet, and a regular type duffel shoulder strap with a padded shoulder piece.  the strap is adjustable, and is held by D rings on the sides.  the bag is designed with two side panels and a gusset running along the bottom, and up the sides, so 3 pieces total.  It was a real challenge putting in the zipper for this, this way, and I'm sure there was a way to do it perfectly, but I fumbled through it and made my own design to cover up any flaws that may have occured. :-D ...  LOL... this is the result.  Oh yeah, I embroidered the design on both sides, the motorcycle so at first glance anyone can tell it's something that has to do with motorcycles, the Honda VTX, because that's his bike model and he wanted that on there, and then I put "Scorpion Helmet Bag"... Scorpion is our favorite brand of helmet, and I wanted "helmet bag" on there somewhere so folks didn't think he was carrying a  purse.... LOL  Now this all looks like it fits when he's walking around.  He loved it - gave it rave reviews!...


I gotta tell you, I'm having the biggest blast sewing and embroidering, and making different things.  In between all that I design things with my photos in photoshop -- I love personalized things - personalized keychains, calendars, cards, clothing, art, tshirts, flags, and not just with names, I mean with personal photos, photo creations that I've made, graphic art designs, stuff like that!  I just LOVE being creative!  Come back and see me, I'll be posting more!



No comments:

Post a Comment