1.19.2013

Beary Good!

Special Little Bears!


I have been off of blogging for about 3 or 4 weeks. Life gets in the way sometimes...  I spent some time sewing during that time, however.  I started making some cute little bears from an adorable pattern: Carol's Zoo Bears Pattern.  The first one I made out of fur, then I deviated from there and made some with different cotton fabric prints on the front and the fur on the back.  I made one out of complete cotton, but I like the ones with fur best.  I got an idea during playoff weekend to make a Ravens and Redskins teddy bears, #10 (RG III) and #52 Ray Lewis. I had fun making these. I needed the distraction at the time...
 
 
The Backs (Black Fur) and three redskins fronts...

 
Front together...

 
Added Eyes and nose...

 
Sew front to back...

 
Stuff , put on #10 for RG III, and add a pretty maroon ribbon - All Done!

 
This is TG III

 
Little Name Badge on back of Ribbon....

 
Here is "Ted Lewis" #52 Ravens...


 
Here is "Theo"

 
Here is "F-Stop" 
I made this for my friend Liz for her birthday. It is next week.  She like to take pictures, so I used a snuggle flannel with cameras on it.

 
This is "Tommie" who has sewing craft body to her...

 
Here is "Toby"  with crayons....

 
And last but not least (for now) is "Tabby" she is made from Batik.
 
These bears are so easy to make.  The possibilities are endless, and fun to come up with.. I have more backs cut out, waiting for inspired fronts to go on them.  They sew up in about 45 minutes.  I ordered some plastic beads for stuffing, so I mix the beads with fiberfill, and the bears come out cute.  the tricks to stuffing are to leave "joints" in the legs for sitting and in the shoulders, and also a bit in the ears.  Also of note when using cotton fabric for the front, is to round off the pattern of the nose/face when you sew it, or it comes out too pointed...
 
These are fun to make...
 
Ciao!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment